Thursday, March 18, 2010

One of the best local bands in Buffalo

I've seen them preform at Club Infinity, Hot Topic and The Tralf and I've seen the lead singer sing in talent shows in a High School show. Okay yes, I've also heard the lead singer, Nick Stilb, sing in my van or at our house when he's been over, but that just makes it cooler for me because its like I know a rock star.

Bud Rozwood, Kyle Hassenfratz, Joe Cavanaugh are the other three members that round up The Breathing Tree; the band released a single today from their upcoming album, Let Love Grow, "Cue the Story." You can hear the song at their myspace page www.myspace.com/thebreathingtreemusic

You can learn more about the band and hear the other 4 songs that they previously released on an EP on their web page http://thebreathingtreemusic.ning.com/  I've been listening to them for a while and I've played the hell out of on them on my ipod. Closest Thing to Heaven is one of my favorite songs, not just by them, but in the years I've listened to music. Its a family favorite that we love to blast in the car and have sing-a-longs to. The line "your scent, seeps through my dreams" will stick with you and be one of those songs that just get stuck in your head in a good way.

The new album will be out this summer and I've already talked to Nick about having a bit of an interview that we will put up here and up at Buffalo.com

In the mean time follow The Breathing Tree on twitter www.twitter.com/tbtmusic follow them to get all the updates on the band and the up coming album!