Here is supposedly what is "Trending Now" and here's my take on these topics:
1. DC Mayor arrested - at first site, I thought this had to do with DC comics, it however does not, also I would not know who the mayor of DC comics would be. Then I thought wasn't the DC Mayor arrested before for crack and prostitutes? That was Mayor Marion Berry (why do I remember these things) this is Mayor Vincent Gray so basically the news sites are letting all of us think Marion Berry is back and pimpin' hos again, but that is clearly not the case. Its some boring thing about protesting a budget, snoorrrre.
2. Carly Simon - at first site had no idea why she would be relevant, turns out she's still making music. So while someone who became a popular singer when looks weren't important is still flourishing this is nice to see, its also nice for Sarah Jessica Parker, because this means there is someone out there who looks more like a horse than she does and is still famous.
3. Alyson Hannigan - at first I had to say, Who is this? Its the red head from How I Met your Mother, she is apparently also reprising her role in a 4th American Pie movie. Apparently most of the original cast is reuniting for the next Pie movie, I think Harold Ramis should get paid more as he appeared in all the straight to video spin offs of the movie. Also the main photos it shows for her are odd, one is a digital version of her as a leprechaun and the next is her in her bra, great and all for us guys, and then there's a pic of her with some guy that says its her husband, why did I think she was gay?
4. Pia Toscano - first thought - a new dish at Olive Garden. Nope: Pia Toscano - Pia Toscano And Mark Ballas The Hot New Couple? Pia Toscano - The former American Idol contestant Pia Toscano reportedly went on a date with Dancing with the Stars professional dancer Mark Ballas. In response to this.... who cares.
5. Nicki Minaj - first thought I thought this was a story about ninjas. Sadly is Nicki Minaj. Though she may be a ninja. She's going to be part of the Brittany Spears tour "Femme Fatale" Brittany pronounces it ' Femmy Fatalee'
6. Applebee's - everyones favorite place to get chicken fingers (inside joke) a toddler was 'inadvertently' served a margarita instead of apple juice. My bet is the kid wouldn't shut up and no one could enjoy their crappy French onion soup so the knocked her out.
7. Free Cone Day - okay, no jokes...where do i get free ice cream?! Go here: http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/feature/free-cone-day/
8. Regis Philbin - first thought...he's dead. Nope, he's alive and getting possibly his own new show. Good to see we're bringing back Tales from the Crypt.
9. Gold Market - There's a gold market? I imagine the guy who is on the Direct TV commercials runs it. "No pain...no pain" with his little tiny giraffe.
10. Wind Power - I'm guessing it has something to do with Avatar. Nope, I'm wrong again, its about harnessing wind in China. This is in talks because of the nuclear melt down going on in Japan. I'm not so sure why the world is upset, we're going to eventually get a real Godzilla, that would be soooo cool.
So that's what's trending....Boom