Friday, March 12, 2010

Hanna boom-berra!

In case you didn't know I consider myself some what of an artist. My main focus is pencil or pen and ink, and I'm currently working on a series of drawing I'm calling Buffalo-Fantasy, where I've combined elements of fantasy art with landscapes of Buffalo NY. I plan on it being the focal point for any upcoming shows I do.

But last night I had an epiphany! Hanna-Barberra were some of my favorite cartoons growing up, a year or so ago I did a large drawing of Blue Falcon and Dyno-mutt but in a more modern looking fashion. So now I'm thinking why not put my twist on a whole lot more of the HB characters!

First up, Grape Ape. I loved him as a kid. No idea why. I guess I just always wanted a giant gorilla to ride on the top of my vehicle.

So I'll start working on those this weekend and hopefully by Monday I'll have a couple up here for you guys to check out. Can't wait to get started!