Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Childhood Pop Culture Clash

I put up a blog yesterday on how John Cena and the N64 Kid have now made a crossover meme pop culture mashup. I find it pretty funny and after writing an article over on Bleacher Report about how the WWE has always been doing stuff like this, blending multiple pop culture arenas it dawned on me that, that's probably where it all started for me.


To be absolutely specific as a kid while some of you might have been thinking some touchdown or game was the coolest thing you've ever seen, the coolest thing for me that I would sit and wait for by the tv was the Cyndy Lauper video for Good Enough.


It has Cindy Lauper, WWE Superstars Roddy Piper, The Iron Shiek, The Fabulous Moolah, Captain Lou Albano and the cast of The Goonies! Are you kidding me! Its like the Ocean's 11 of Geek 80s awesomness!
Here's the video in case you forgot, its an awesome two part video!
And you can read the full Bleacher Report article here.